Dental Bonding at Michael J. Leach, D.D.S. Pediatric Dentistry
Tooth bonding is a dental procedure that is performed in our office; Dr. Leach applies a resin composite to the tooth and cures it with a blue light. Our office uses the latest bonding material to ensure that at the end of the procedure, it is impossible to spot a color differentiation.
Bonding is a common procedure among pediatric dentists as it can easily remedy problems such as a chipped, cracked, or discolored tooth. If you have any questions, we invite you to give Team Leach a call today at Michael J. Leach D.D.S. Pediatric Dentistry Phone Number (770) 521-8855.
How Does It Work?
There are five simple steps that pediatric dentists, like Dr. Leach, follow when performing a tooth bond. This procedure generally takes between thirty minutes to an hour to complete so it can easily fit into your busy schedule.
1. The tooth is prepared for the procedure by lightly etching the surface
2. A bonding liquid is applied
3. Once the liquid sets, a resin composite is applied
4. Dr. Leach sculpts the bond into the desired shape (making it look flush with the tooth)
5. Once set, the resin is trimmed, smoothed and polished to a natural appearance
Tips for extending the life of your bond
• Refrain from biting on your toothbrush
• Refrain from opening water bottles with your teeth
• Minimize the consumption of ice and hard candies
• Cut up hard/tough foods before consuming (i.e., candied apples)
Why Your Child Might Need a Bond
If your child has cracks, chips, or cavities that are affecting the appearance of their teeth, dental bonding might be a great treatment route for them. Bonding helps improve the appearance of your child’s teeth, which will lead to higher self-esteem and an increase in positive social interactions.
Visit Dr. Leach for a Dental Bond Today
At our pediatric dentist office, Dr. Leach offers tooth bonding services for children in the North Fulton area. If you are looking for a “pediatric dentist near me” in Alpharetta, GA, look no further than Dr. Leach. He has over twenty-five years of experience providing conservative, comprehensive care for children of all ages. To schedule your child’s next appointment, give us a call at Michael J. Leach D.D.S. Pediatric Dentistry Phone Number (770) 521-8855 or fill out an online appointment request form.